This long lasting co-operation is aimed at:
- taking initiative and jointly driving the development of common approaches to international IP challenges;
- anticipating and adapting promptly to technological advances and maximising their potential to create benefits for offices and users;
- considering new concepts for enhancing collaboration and promoting efficiencies between the IP offices including the effective use of work products in order to improve quality and processing times in the patent grant process;
- strengthening the co-operation with users and collaborating on solutions for a more integrated global patent system and
- promoting innovation and the benefits of IP to society.